Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Challenge: Make, Bake, Craft & Create

At the start of the year I set myself a couple of goals - 1) to make, bake, craft or create as many gifts as possible and 2) to make more quilts to keep rather than gift. Here's some highlights for the year...



Yummy preserved lemons and lemon curd...


Central Park Quilt - a completed quilt for us!


The Philatelic Society - a completed quilt for Gus.


Arcadia Quilt for John's 70th Birthday.


A doll's quilt for Phil's youngest cousin.


Strawberry fields HST quilt for my MIL for Christmas.


My Mermaid Quilt.

I still have lots of works in progress that I need to finish up (sooner or later!) and lots of lovely fabrics that need using. At the moment I am working on a quilt made out of my much coveted Flea Market Fancy (FMF) and can't wait for the fabric to be released again in February. I'll share more on that soon.

Until then, Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2011 has been a fabulous year for you all! I am definitely looking forward to 2012 and a few changes (some big, some small!). See you next year!

Lara

5 comments:

  1. They all look lovely Lara... :O)
    Enjoy the last day of 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great New Year - think of us still in 2011 when you have 'gone over to 2012'!!

    FMF quilt!! - oh I can't wait to see that! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Lara! Your quilts all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All splendid quilts too. I just adore that strawberry fields quilt. So wish I were your MIL! Probably old enough to be her. I've always wondered what you do with those preserved lemons. Aren't they preserved in salt?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE all of your quilts - I wish I had that many finishes for myself . . . watch this space I have one to bind and one to send for quilting -

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my small part of the web! Please leave a comment so I know that you have been :)