Thursday, May 19, 2011

Bloggers Quilt Festival - May 2011

This isn't the quilt I wanted to share but unfortunately the festival ends tomorrow and I haven't had a chance to take a photo of my newly finished mendocino mermaid quilt... It's been rather wet and we leave and arrive in the dark daily it seems at the moment. Winter is nearly here!

So instead I am sharing this quilt - The Philatelic Society


I made this quilt for my wee Gus using 2 jelly rolls of Look and Learn by American Jane and the Postage Stamp Quilt Along instructions. I had always wanted to make a postage stamp quilt. As a child I collected stamps just like my Poppa. I've very fond memories of sitting in his sunroom looking over albums and albums of colourful stamps from a variety of countries.

This quilt tested my patience though. So many squares = so many seams! Needless to say this quilt isn't perfect... but it's getting a lot of love and is keeping my wee man warm at night.


Here it is with all his teds on his bed. The quilting is an all over baby animal print which is very sweet. I love the crinkly goodness of this quilt.

Thanks for coming over to have a look at my quilt! And thanks Amy for hosting the Bloggers Quilt Festival. Be sure to check out all the lovely quilts in the Festival!

14 comments:

  1. Looks lovely and I bet it did test your patience :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt and I love your story behind it. You're an awesome daughter and wonderful mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These quilts amaze me and yours is especially wonderful! I love all the little tiny squares of fabric. We've had rain, rain, rain here too so I can sympathize. Blahhhh .....

    Can't wait too see the mermaid quilt! Come on sun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so cute! All those little squares... ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your quilt, all those tiny squares! Glad you joined in the BQF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Handsome quilt---amazing little squares!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this quilt, it looks divine on the bed. I make lots of quilts (as you know) but I just love love love squares, big squares, little squares, for me, squares are the best. there's a tutorial over at Moda Bake Shop with wonky squares, that I'm thinking of making http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/05/strawberry-fields-forever.html with a bunch of vintage sheets I scored at the op-shop the other day. I'm waffling, sorry. Did I mention how lovely this quilt is??

    ReplyDelete
  8. this quilt looks perfect on the bed with all the teddy bears and other "lovies".

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely quilt! And I bet noone ever notices any little flaws.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! It is so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful quilt and I love how it looks on the bed. We've had a ton of wet here too...it's getting old. =(

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did an amazing job. Don't you love jelly rolls! I love the way it looks on the bed with all the teddy bears.

    ReplyDelete
  13. you know i love this one!!! it is gorgeous blowing in the breeze on the line! those colors are always so pretty to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my small part of the web! Please leave a comment so I know that you have been :)