Sunday, February 20, 2011

Walking in the Park

This weekend I have been sewing, sewing, sewing... Since making the boys rail fence quilts I've been wanting to make one for me! When I saw Central Park by Kate Spain I knew it would be perfect. These aren't the best pictures because the sun was setting but I was so excited and proud of myself for completing this quilt top in 24 hours! Yup - you read right! 24 hours! An absolute record for me!


Last night I sewed all the strips together... then this morning I cut them into blocks while the boys happily watched Finding Nemo... and this afternoon while they slept after being tuckered out by swimming and a picnic lunch I trimmed and sewed together my blocks into rows and my rows into a quilt top!


With my motivation high - I pieced together the backing and made my binding strips too! So this quilt is ready and waiting to be delivered to the LAQ this week... I promise to get some better photos soon!

Quilt details:

Fabric - Central Park by Kate Spain for Moda (I used 2 jelly rolls)
Quilt size - 72" x 72"

Hope you had a great and productive weekend too!

5 comments:

  1. this is stunning...i love the design and that central park fabric is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing this quilted. Don't you feel great when you have such a big finish over a weekend especially with 2 little ones to look after as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all I can say is "oooohhhhh" and "yummy"....oh wow, oh wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Super speedy! I have so completely lost my sewing mojo that I think it's going to take me all year just to finish that darn postage stamp quilt! Argh!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my small part of the web! Please leave a comment so I know that you have been :)