Monday, January 24, 2011

Hexagon Quilt - A Work In Progress


In just a couple of months my baby boy is turning 2! Last week we transitioned him to a big boys bed. I sold the cot online, so we needed to put him into his new bed. He's been amazing - and apart from early starts he mostly stays in bed all night. So, I am in the process of making him a new quilt for his big boys bed using a jelly roll of American Jane's Wee Play and Look and Learn. I am really loving how it's coming together - but I definitely have a lot more hexagons to make...

What are you working on at the moment? Do you stick to just one project at a time or do you work on many? I am curious. I like to work on a few projects at a time. That way I've always got something on the go which will suit my mood. Sometimes I like to sew straight lines. Other times I like to cut. Sometimes I like to piece more detailed blocks. And then sometimes I like to just look at my fabric and write lists. Of things to make. So what do you do?

6 comments:

  1. I'm like you, a bit of everything. Sometimes you need to stop one project and get friends to buy you more fabric so you can continue! It was sewing the yoyos on last night.

    You must have a lot of patience to make a quilt like that! I just couldn't be bothered with cutting out so many little pieces. I adore that fabric, it's going to look great on the wee lad's bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that quilt! It is looking great!

    I like to have several projects going at the same time too. Different days differnt tasks and even material apeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt is going to look sooo good! This was a quilt-along a while ago wasn't it? I must look it up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving these hexagons Lara, it's going to be a funand colourful quilt!

    I thought I was a one project kinda girl but now I've given it some thought I have at least 4 different projects on the go at varying degress of progress so when I feel like handsewing I do and when I have time to machine sew I do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good plan, you've just added to my to do list! My grandson is having a big boy's bed when they move house next month and even though it's not his turn for a new quilt a quick jellyroll one might be just the thing to help him settle :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i enjoy making the lists too...i have so many thing i would like to be working on and should be but am so far behind(bee blocks)...and i would really like to break out the new fabric i got this week. Hopefully i can get some sewing time in since my sister is coming to meet the new baby this week. i love the hexagons you have gotten done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my small part of the web! Please leave a comment so I know that you have been :)