Monday, January 10, 2011

All Buttoned Up!


I spent an evening last week sewing buttons to a bunch of jerseys for the boys. This bunch should definitely keep them cosy this winter! Patterns from this book. And this book. And this book. Highly recommended if you need some cute knits! Before you ask, they're not knitted by me - done by some very clever special people.

I also finally recovered our dining room chairs. I am too embarrassed to show you what they looked like before... in fact I was in such a hurry to bin the old fabric I didn't take a photo! Armed with a staple gun, new cushion padding and some fabric from Spotlight, the DP and I "crafted" together... technically he took the old covers off, and I put the new covers on but it was a lot of fun and very rewarding! Like most things in our home, the table and chairs are second hand (in fact I think we may be the third or fourth owners)... But I love them. A lot more now that they are recovered!

One more week until I collect my machine. I can not wait! All this non sewing has resulted in some fabric purchases (eek!)! Happy sewing everyone!

2 comments:

  1. the chairs look great and repurposed and loved furniture is the best! especially while the kids are young!

    enjoy your machine when she gets home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like you're all set for winter!
    The chairs look fabulous - I think I would be too scared to try something like that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my small part of the web! Please leave a comment so I know that you have been :)